Sunday, September 10, 2006

Hey Mr. DJ



















Dear Mr. Paul Van Dyke,

I have just recently found your latest release The Politics of Dancing Vol2 somewhere in my room and I opened it from its extremly elegant cover and played it on my way to the Chalet. I'm not a fan of your German/Euro Techno however I still invested in your CDs for the sake of 2 or 3 songs that in most cases well worth buying the whole CD. As I was skipping from one track to the next in search for that special song all the way to #15, I realized I had found it after the first 10 seconds. Nothing - Holden & Thompson. The beat was as powerful as the melody, the anime-esque vocals were sensually sensational but the play with the equilizer and the vacuum effect brings it all together so gracefully. Well Done!
Today, I came home from a long day at work with the CD in my hand and quickly plugged it into my laptop, lazing in bed, I watched the screen eagerly to play song #15 and there you were..You popped just like a pop up, admiring your photo I clicked on play CD aaaaaand pops another window asking me to enter my e-mail and password. The surprise began to ware off and now aggitation is taking place. I clicked on 'No &%$( code' and was redirected to your royal houseness's homepage. To cut a long story short, the code was accepted and pop you go again and as I click on the list of songs..#15 and guess what #15 didn't play, infact none of the songs were playing. The CD was useless & will not play on my laptop because most probably one of your clever producers decide to spend your money on a fancy hightech CD that will simply not play...
You know something Mr. Van Dyke, perhaps 7 years ago..I would have had the tolerance to wait and fix the CD glitch, perhaps 7 years ago I wouldn't have the patience to write a letter like this but would delightedly wait until your music has graced my presence. That same me stood a long line that went around 1 block in the freezing winter cold in Manhattan's Twilo. That same me flew to Beirut to attend your BIEL concert which truly sucked in every sense of the word. But we still lingered and mingled with the Sleezy Lebaneesi excuse for ravers in the cheap excuse for a VIP room and jammed to your beats in spite of the empty hall, the lame crowd and the bad sound systems. (Why on earth would you allow the silly promoters idea of having a VIP room in the middle of a bloody RAVE?! Doesn't it defeat the whole purpose of a rave?
So I'm gonna say goodbye to all the #15s on your top selling compilations cos unfortunetly these days are over and I simply don't have the previllage of time and the patience to wait.
Sorry, but I want my money back Mr. Van Dyke..
I'm sure you understand

Yours
Mama Fusla

11 Comments:

Blogger Bahraini Rants said...

AMEN MAMA!!

i cannot stand PVDick's mainstream assault on the eardrums that everyone calls music.. he may have wowed me years ago during the summer of trance back in 98 and then briefly revived in 99.. but come on change with the times.. The trend and milking of electronic music these days is absolutely pathetic.. transformed from a cool subculture to some fucking bullshit played everytime you walk into a fucking virgin megastore!!

sell out if you must, but keep some integrity..

11:13 PM  
Blogger Fuzzy said...

been sharing music and video files for the past 10 years, never spent a dime on a CD or a DVD hehehe so Share the files :)
hint:
www.emule-project.net/

12:06 PM  
Blogger Mama Fusla said...

Bahraini rants
I love the new PVD name, better suiting.
Personally I'm a progressive-disco houser and a big fan of Deep Dish. Used to see them in Twilo when only 150+ mideastern-american crowd attended. Slowly I watched them get bigger and begin to play in more commerical venues and do the Apple Ad. All of a sudden the numbers were in thousands and you can barely see the DJ booth!

Anywho..Megastore mainstream Electronica is Boohooo..I prefer underground recordings. Thanx to a few House enthusaist friends, I once in a while get my hands on some nice party in Eastern Europe or south east Asia..
Thank you Germany, Thank you Detroit for your techno styles but don't cut it no more, compeition is much bigger..heck we even have a Kuwaiti underground house music scene and it ain't bad!
* A mad DJ cousin of mine did a progressive piece sampling Aysha Al Marta..Who said we can't do our version of Fairuz drum n bass and Um Kalthum Garage!

2:45 PM  
Blogger Mama Fusla said...

Fuzzy
1st the Morasil/Mokhalis contact, then the Sharm Al Shaikh recommendations and now the file sharing/downloading site!

Thank you so so so much,
please continue to be my blog friend and hook me up with your tips, I'll have you know that this friendship is purely masla7a.

2:49 PM  
Blogger Bahraini Rants said...

twilo was great wasn't it?

i've been told the underground scene in kuwait is pretty good.. might check it out next weekend..

funny you mention fairouz remixed, cause i met this ex-kuwaiti transplant that was threatened with legal action if he didn't stop his fairouz remixes..

thank you germany is correct.. gigolo records have some good electro out there.. i've recently fallen into this dancepunk, postpunk, rock thing that i am enjoying but getting a little tired of.. plus i still can't shake off this obsession with french house..

deep dish.. i used to buy records from their store on M street whenever i'd visit DC, even bought a tshirt.. Their albums are a little mainstream, but what you want is their remixes of their own albums, really good stuff..

2:53 AM  
Blogger Fuzzy said...

hehehe hope the tips were usefull :)

7:19 AM  
Blogger Fuzzy said...

hey i want details about sharm :) have a blast

Remixes by Neptunes

8:27 AM  
Blogger Fuzzy said...

مبارك عليكم الشهر
:)

2:31 PM  
Blogger Upper-Cruster said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:15 AM  
Blogger Upper-Cruster said...

Hahaha, that was mildly amusing. Thanks for the laugh :) Please tell me you really sent that.

4:17 AM  
Blogger Mama Fusla said...

Fuzzy
مبارك عليك باجي الشهر

Upper-Cruster
Thanks for the mild compliment, now that you mention it, I think I might just do that (Send it)


expatblogger
Liar, If you liked my blog you would have already offered me a 50KD for one of the posts which means you didn't even read my blog.

Ju ass is so busted!

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home