Tuesday, August 30, 2005

D+L (Dine & Lounge): Part III The Seafood Feast Continues

Squid, Caviar & Vodka are the main ingredients for tonight's starters






Inspired by two things: A wonderful dish I always have at Nobu's & Ubon's (London & NY)
and 2ndly by the presentation and dedication of Chef & friend Equalizer on his Gastronomicablog.
The Inspirational Dish's name is: "Toro Tartar with Caviar"
Toro is "Fatty Tuna Belly" also known as "Chutoro".
A small piece of Tuna Stomach sits in a pool of Wasabi & Tartar sauce (minced capers, dill pickles, onions or shallots, olives, lemon juice or vinegar, ginger and seasonings) covered with a spoonful of luscious Beluga Caviar and topped by a berry-like seedy, mild in sweetness fruit. As I recollected the taste this fabulous orgy of mouth-watering ingredients: I sort of came up with my own version.

Chilled Tartar& Vodka soup with a sauteed Baby Calamri stuffed with Beluga Caviar and pinned together with a tooth pick and sprinkled with Parsley.
Chilled Tartar& Vodka soup with a sauteed Baby Calamri stuffed with Beluga Caviar and pinned together with a tooth pick and sprinkled with Parsley.
Finished of with a Haiku..
















5 Comments:

Blogger Equalizer said...

Wow. 3 things.
#1 I am flattered! I never though I inspire anyone hehe
#2 This dish is way beyond everyone's taste buds, should be served at a cocktail party in a manhattan loft.
#3 I love Haikus so here is one

Clouds in the dark
Sea gulls flying
The silence resumes

2:45 PM  
Blogger Mama Fusla said...

Salted Caramel:

Me too, I enjoy eating and cooking it the most. Of course I enjoy the whole experience from picking the fish in the fishmarket and watching them clean it.
& Ur not missing anything, I'm the one missing the skill in bloggin! I just don't have the patience to get it right..!

Equalizurrre:
1. Never say that, cos u do and u should know that u do!! (Think the many Burger enthusiasts that wait eagerly for B+F to open so that they may have their juciliscious burgers.
2. Should be chased down with a Saketini! (Gin, Gold leaf Sake, Olive & Shaved Ice)Not the straight up glass type, no but the ones that come in a shot glass that sits on a bed of ice in a square woodenbox! that come in a bambo box on
3. Haikus!
Here is a few helarious ones by the one and only Haiku Priestess: Amunki (Amani)

Cyber trash-talking
Hit me with your best shot, yo
Blower of the butt…
*********************
Stupid piece of shit
Die stupid computer---Die
Die die die die die
******************
My trusty right hand
You gotta learn to let go
Please don't fail me now...
*******************
Cloud nine here I come
Deflated, yet elated
Good to be alive...
*****************
With eyes on our wrists
Island of birds--we ascend
Sun and Moon unite
******************
Sufi mania
Wool-wearers in ecstasy
You spin me round round...
**************
It’s that time of year
No more morning java-jolt
Fast-ing makes me slow...
****************
Faithful Crimson Tor
For you boost me without fail
Now, Sugarfree---Weeeeeee!
**********************

3:07 PM  
Blogger Equalizer said...

Slap me mama
Slap me silly
Bake my muffins

4:15 PM  
Blogger Equalizer said...

Nawlins Nawlins
Under the water
Where is my jambalaya?

4:21 PM  
Blogger Mama Fusla said...

Slap you silly I will
If you eat all the muffins
Mama says 'Easy on sweets'
*************************
The B to the F
your burgers, all I think of
Gourmet sliders, yummmmmmmm
********************
Wednesday has arrived
The night where we D & L!
I must cook 2night!
*******************

12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home