Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Poundin di wheeli


Fello Fuslites:

I do appologies for not posting anything for sometime now, I wake up every morning wishin that God has granted me the gift I so badly need, A CLONE of me to make things easier but I soon question that idea..Aren't I already a Fusla one too Many?

Summer, Ramadan, Eid etc. Have taking their toll on businesses all over this country, everything has slowed down especially when its related to any government body.
Coming back from vacation with a rejuvinated spirit, clearer mind; driven by an eagerness to work, I'm already begining to feel the depleation from after only 1 day of work. I was 1st inclined to blame it all on the 'System', to scrutanize every person, establishment or even mail server I had to deal with in the past 2 weeks, but after contemplating with a friend on the phone I began to realize that these short trips are no longer doing the trick. My last real getaway was last year when I took two weeks off in Summer 2004. Of course, I do not have the luxury of taking one of those anytime soon, even if I did, where would I go and what would I do? A spa retreat? or a High-impact multi-activity adventure? Or an Ecofriendy tour in the wild? I keep gazing at my 3 Itenraries for (Iran, Jordan & Syria) and can't help wondering, why is it that everytime I plan to explore the mideast something terrible happens? Iran & Syria out of question for the time being, Jordan...Oh well, maybe now is a safe time to go since the security has been hyped up and the prices have dropped.
Or should I just work my butt off and burn myself out until newyear's?
What do you do when having fun isn't as much fun as it used to be?
What do you do when work doesn't pump you up anymore?
What if all you wanna do is get away, but from what?...you don't know!
How do you know if its that time when you should strech out the shrinks sofa and listen to yourself talk?

No Complaints, life is good al7imdilla but when it's too hectic you tend to overlook the good!

13 Comments:

Blogger Delicately Realistic said...

Fusla you have returned a changed woman!
Thats very odd! Thats not very fusl-ish??
Anyway...who's complaining... ilmohim something new....

6:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whenever i feel that way, a simple "tour" in the world news made me realise how lucky i am to "still" wondering if i can rest, laugh or not while others wonder if they can survive the next bomb.
P.S:why don't u add Morocco to u're "to go" places.., it's really a very nice country .

6:31 AM  
Blogger Hanan said...

Iran, Syria, Jordan.
No my dearest Fusla.
Try Italy :) A place lively and beautiful at the same time.

When having fun isn't as much fun as it used tto be I start reading.

What work doesn't pump me up, I read.

If all I wanna do is get away, I get away from life, into the fantasy of books.

Instead of listening to myself confess on a shrink's sofa, I let those fictional characters do it for me.

So, in short, when, when, when, when, .... I read.

I haven't been reading much lately. Is that good or bad?

12:13 AM  
Blogger Mama Fusla said...

DR
I have many personalities, 1 for every season..and one is a wild card, can pop up anytime! (Sort of A jaikar)

Foulla
We are previllaged indeed, I strongly believe that we should humble ourselves by ourselves the times we chose rather than be forcefully humbled by life.

I can't wait to go to Morrocco, problem is its a long flight and I don't have the time but will have to in the next 2yrs. Maybe you can show me around..


Raf
Done!

Hanan
I chose Iran, Syria, Jordan & Oman because they're nearby and I'd like to explore the region a bit more. Italy..Would love to go Florence!
You said 'confess'..Interesting choice of words ;)
As for reading, I can't read like before, my attention span is of a gold fish!

Bad or good?
Well its less good if you don't read and perhaps lesser good if all you do is read! Just how much reading is good and how little is bad..(wuttt?)



wv: vhkvrt (kfrt? kbrt aaah, kfrt la'ah)

3:19 PM  
Blogger MBH said...

Who Moved My Cheese?

and

Chicken Soup for the Soul: Living Your Dreams and all its followups [A 2nd Helping, A 3rd Serving & A 4th Course]

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MARHBA BIK FELMAGHRIB A LALLA FUSLA

11:17 AM  
Blogger Equalizer said...

Tunisia!! Thats where I want to go. OR Libya, it is also worth seeing I heard.

wv: cuhdasu (Cuhdasu Qadafi Baby)

11:40 PM  
Blogger Mama Fusla said...

MBH
Your cheese is ageing beautifully next to mine..don't worry!
As for chicken soup..I just ordered one..Cheerio!

Foulla
Halla bish bil Kuwait..

Equalizer
I visited Tunisia but didn't see other than Capital. Ppl r very friendly though..

wv: aeoov (Aeeeoo..Galbi 3alaik ilta3)

12:59 AM  
Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

aaah..yes...a vacation..When was the last time I really had a good long vacation...I honestly can't remember...as for getting away...sometimes I end up as Hanan said...reading a novel that makes me live in fiction for a while...then there's the idea of calling friends that I haven't seen in ages and socializing with different people...and finally...have lots of massages, facials, pedicures and anything that I can pamper myself with...ok..I didn't get on a plane but I pretended I;m on vacation! Most of the time it works...not exactly the same feeling but it does something!

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Poundin somethin' might pull you outta your phunk Mama. If you came back changed from the last excursion look at it as a growth spurt. My last two excursions changed me immensley. Want for more and the feeling of loss after the fact.
Maybe I need to be poundin somethin myself, preferrably somethin with more testosterone than I have. But in big sky country all there is to pound around here is the air and the sheep...BAAAAAAAAAAAA
What would the hamster do with no wheel, do ya know where I can get one?

2:14 PM  
Blogger Mama Fusla said...

MissCosmo
The way you put it is your 'vacation' is a state of mind!
That's a healthy prespective, I don't understand it when people complain about not travelling and 'vacating' (<-word?) and come back exhausted with chronic post-vacation blues..Then Why Travel?
What I miss is nature, mountains, jungles and more, but for now I'll settle for Burr!

Hajia
Right on, we're so engrossed in our lifestyles, social lifes and comfort bubbles that in order to get out of that when need to 'pound' at something else, work, excercise and the struggle to keep a balance, I doubt if age can determine that, perhaps its more to do with spiritual growth and thus mental growth..

As for the Fusla, I think its my way of 'pounding' away rather than 'pounding' forward!

wv: soqetra (saw ga7fia)

2:42 AM  
Blogger Shurouq said...

Dear Fusla,
I demand a new post.

9:42 PM  
Blogger Mama Fusla said...

Affa 3alaich

wv: tqzwin (As oppose to Taqzo out?)

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home