Sunday, August 15, 2004

My Maki is better than urs..


Once a month, I receive a phone call from a friend who puts me on the fone with a waiter/ess of the local Sushi den and asks me to dictate the ingredients of my Fuslafied Maki.
Unfortunetly, the world of Maki Making in Kuwait is extremely bureaucratic and is overwhelmed by disabling rules and regulations. To have your Maki popularized over the sushi chef's wall you will need a minimum of 5 requests. To have your Maki printed on the menu is a whole new story; the secret Maki association of Kuwaiti Sushi bar junkies meets once a month to discuss the eligible Makis, in their Maki Torturing Dungeons, blind folded Maki Junkies test and taste the Makis in question, the handpicked few Maki recipes finally make their way on the Menu.

So to make a long story short, make my Maki famous and order it at all the sushi places so that it can become famous and I Mama Fusla will then eventually be making my way into the sushi infested stomachs of the young Kuwaiti generation and thus I will control the world!

Dedicated to the guy who only calls me for Sushi!

Toro Mama Fusla Maki
Tuna, Asparagus, Crème Cheese and Avocado (outside) sprinkles of Tobiko

Sake Mama Fusla Maki
Salmon, Asparagus, Crème Cheese and Avocado (outside) sprinkles of Tobiko

*Both Makis to be served with Japanese Spicy Mayo & Unagi or Teryaki Sauce.
*You will love the devine juxtatexture of the asparagus with the creme cheese vs. Tobiko. for 1st timers, eat at own discretion...recorded cases show 1st timers more vulnrable to public displays of excietment. If you have a bamboo-up-your-ass image that you wish to maintain, then stay at home and keep your hands off my Maki.



16 Comments:

Blogger Zaydoun said...

YUM!!! I once had a maki at Itsu in London that had asparagus and mint, among other things. A wacky combination... which explains why it's not on their menu anymore.

But I like your salmon combo. I will order it next time. Who does it best?

10:28 PM  
Blogger Mama Fusla said...

not everyone carries Asparagus, but I know Sakura does. I had it there yesterday.

p.s. don't forget the sauces..

What's Kamikazi like?

10:46 PM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

Are you 1/10 Japanese?

12:51 AM  
Blogger Mama Fusla said...

Dammit I wish!

1:01 AM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

and will you take me on a tour around your Maki dungeons?

1:15 AM  
Blogger Mama Fusla said...

Sure, if you fedex me Saki rebottled as German Perfume!

1:34 AM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

You have your own recipe for it. I can give you some Dutch shoes instead

1:43 AM  
Blogger Mama Fusla said...

Dutch shoes make noise
Noise wakes up junkies at dungeons

7:52 AM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

Then choose something that makes less noise.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Mama Fusla said...

Like going bare


foot that is!

7:42 AM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

OK, thats a cheap option, does not cost me money. Deal. you go barefoot and I enter the dungeon.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Mama Fusla said...

Speaking of Dungeons and such, many public executions have taken place this summer..I believ 4 so far. Its a bit unnervinig to see their photos on the coverpage.

1:52 AM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

Well life should not be wasted, then again, sometimes that is the only solution.

5:14 AM  
Blogger Mama Fusla said...

Sushi is an acquired taste, you have to be introduced to it gently. You have to begin by eating Shrimp Tempura Makis for example, then move to Sushi and then Sashimi, the rawest of all. But once you Sushi right there is no going back. You will fiend for it like a a crackhead for dope. That taste, texture and aroma will exhilirate your senses into oblivion.

p.s. we stopped discussing Raw Fish, my last post was about Raw bodies.

7:37 AM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

Yes, she will indoctrinate me in her society

8:11 AM  
Blogger Mama Fusla said...

This calls for a Haiku

Cold fish in my mouth
slippery salmon slides
Tobiko popping

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home